Monday 3 June 2013

Bruno Mars' Mother Bernadette Hernandez 'Dies Of Brain Aneurysm', Age 55 Singer's mother was originally reported to have suffered a heart attack

Bruno Mars' mother Bernadette Hernandez has reportedly passed away at only 55 years old, according to an unnamed publicist of the singer.

The Associated Press reports that a representative from Atlantic Records confirmed Hernandez's passing earlier today, citing a brain aneurysm.

It was previously thought that she had suffered a heart attack in Hawaii on Friday and was being treated at the Queens Medical Centre in Honolulu.

Family friend Anita Sojot had told Star magazine that the matriarch was in a critical condition, saying: "Bernadette is in hospital and the grandkids are all here, I’m looking after them. The family is on its way here right now and we are going to discuss what to do next."
At the age four Bruno wrote and recorded a heartfelt song for Bernadette – a singer and hula dancer in her youth – called I Love You Mom.

“My mommy helps me with my voice/cuz a superstar singer is my first choice,” goes one of its lyrics.

The 27-year-old singer also has her name tattooed on his shoulder.

Bruno – one of six children raised by Bernadette and dad Peter, a musician, in the Wakiki area of Honolulu – has previously admitted that his desire to perform started early when his uncle, an Elvis Presley impersonator, encouraged him to mimic The King of Rock n' Roll.

“I wouldn't trade it for anything,” he told Rolling Stone of his musical childhood in April. “Because I feel like I can enjoy this so much.”

Mistaqueens has reached out to Bruno's reps for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...