Thursday 25 July 2013

Share Your Yam Moments

Yam is one of the staple foods in Nigeria and is eaten by majority of Nigerians. It's one of those foods that are easy to make cos it doesn't take a lot of dexterity to prepare yam especially white yam that can be eaten with oil. But behind this popular meal lies a very dangerous food that can knock one out in a matter of seconds if not properly eaten or if not respected as the horror that it is. I will share the encounter i had with this monstrous thing we call food and i want you guyz to share yours too.

About 5 years ago, while everybody in my family left for church. I was the only one who didn't go. Around 11 am, i was hungry and i checked the fridge to see if there was anything i could eat or at least chew to douse the tension in my stomach but the fridge was virtually barren. But on checking one of the pots, here layed 4 pieces of yams that remained from the previous day. I'm not really a Yam fan but i had no other choice to pick from so i had to manage what i had. The thing about cooked yams is that they get stronger by the day. But that didn't deter me. I warmed it a little bit and dished it unto my plate to have a good meal. But little did i know that what layed in in a matter of minutes was best unimagined. There was not drinkable water in the house. Even the taps were not running. So, there was no water at all whether drinkable or otherwise. Anyways, i took my yam with the oil on it and headed for the sitting room. I ate the first mould and then the second. I was about to do the same for the third until i encountered what millions of Nigerians dreaded having an encounter with. I don't know what happened cos i wasn't talking but the yam took a mind of it's own and decided to knock me out. There i was sitted gasping for breadth. I managed to rush to the kitchen and checked the fridge but there was no water. I turned on the tap but there was still not water. There and then, i resigned to my fate and said my last prayer which went thus "Lord, if you save me from this, i will serve you forever". I thought i was being punished for not going to church that morning. At this moment, i was crawling and heading for the door but as soon as i got close to the door, everything gradually came back to normal. Since that day i've been giving Yams the respect that they deseve. Before i munch my yam, i check it there's both drinkable and undrinkable water and they're always by my side incase anything goes wrong. I advise ya'll to do same cos the yam we know is better than the yam we don't know.

If you have any similar stories, pls share them to people can learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...